MarLaw has worked exclusively with marketing law and related legal areas for over 40 years. This has provided MarLaw with extensive experience in advising clients, acting on their behalf in litigation matters, interacting with government agencies and public authorities as well as developing training programs for clients and institutions alike. Today, MarLaw has the most lawyers that work solely with market issues; an expertise that has formed our team into leading experts in this area of law. Naturally, the focal point for us is the client to whom we offer our expert legal advice and assistance. We continually strive to meet our clients’ business needs with our rapid and effective provision of legal services, which over the course of time have come to be expected and appreciated.
MarLaw has been engaged as counsel in a numerous amount of cases ever since the Swedish Market Court (Marknadsdomstolen) was established in 1972. Therefore, MarLaw can offer an unprecedented level of experience and competence. In addition, MarLaw works continually with dispute resolutions in courts, tribunals, before government agencies and public authorities. Our theoretical expertise provides our clients with a head start and is effectively the tipping-point in reaching a positive outcome.
MarLaw´s course programs include:
– Responsible Advertising Publishing (Sw: Ansvariga reklamutgivare – ARU) for the Swedish Association of Communication Agencies (KOMM)
– Review of Responsible Advertising for Newspaper Publishers (Sw: Ansvariga Annonsgranskare) for the Swedish Media Publishers´Association (TU)
– Responsible Web Publishing (Sw: Ansvariga Webbutgivare) for the Swedish Marketing Federation.
Our lawyers also hold training programs for companies, organizations, universities, colleges and educational institutions connected to advertising such as Berghs School of Communication, IHR as well as various market associations.
Lawyers at MarLaw wrote the well-known guide Hands-On Marketing Law (Sw: Praktisk marknadsrätt) in 1976). This book has become the keystone for all those working with marketing communications. Several other books, teaching materials and articles concerning Marketing Law have been and are continually being written by MarLaw´s lawyers. Examples of such publications are:
– The Swedish Law of Marketing (Sw: Den svenska marknadsföringslagstiftningen)
– A Guide to TV and Radio Regulations (Sw: Regelguide för Radio och TV)
– Rights And Wrongs In Advertisments (Sw: Rätt och fel i annonsen)
– Media Law 1, 2 and 3 (Sw: Medierätt 1, 2 och 3)
– Hands-On Information Law (Sw: Praktisk informationsrätt)
– TV-campaigns (Sw: TV-kampanjer)
– Media Production Law (Sw: Rätt i medieproduktion)
– Copyright in Advertising and Media (Sw: Upphovsrätt i reklam och media)
– Internet Law – Law and Justice Online (Sw: Nätjuridik – Lag och rätt på Internet)
– Branding – Strategy and Law (Sw: Varumärket – strategi och juridik)
Quick answers! Are you close to a deadline? Do you need instant expert legal advice or assistance? MarLaw offers a rapid response service by email or telephone.